Re: [lammps-users] LAMMPS: Inconsistent Results When Using Same Random Seed"

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 14:49:49 -0400

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:43 PM, MASATO KOIZUMI <mkoizumi@...5197...09...> wrote:
Dear All,

Hello. This is Masato Koizumi, and I am using LAMMPS for my MD simulations.

I am currently running a LAMMPS input script that equilibrates polymer chains in a matrix.

I am using the same random seed every time I rerun my same input script. However, I am obtaining different values for the velocity and position coordinates in my dump files for every time I repeat the simulation run. Any hints in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

​there is not enough information here to give a precise answer. there are *many* ways to produce inconsistent trajectories.
axel.​

Sincerely,

Masato Koizumi