[lammps-users] msi2lmp tool - handling symmetry operations

From: "Diez Fernandez, Amanda" <amanda.diez10@...68...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 11:12:25 +0000

Dear Users,

I  need to build silica structures in Materials Studio and then convert them to Lammps input.
To learn how to use the msi2lmp tool, I ran it on the quartz.mdf and quartz.car example files provided in Materials studio.
I get the following message:

Msi2LMP is not equipped to handle symmetry operations

Does this mean it cannot convert any crystalline periodic structure? I was reading the LIMITATIONS in the readme file and it is not mentioned.
Can it deal with bonds across periodic boundaries?

Thank you!
Amanda