[lammps-users] Problem when building LAMMPS with USER-3SPN (external package)

From: "A. M.M" <alaa.murar@...24...>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 21:53:38 +0300

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I downloaded the USER-3SPN package from the Institute for Molecular Engineering website
and I read the documentation that came within it and I followed the commands given to build LAMMPS with this package.

I have the latest stable version of LAMMPS which lammps-31Mar2017

I copied the USER-3SPN folder to mylammps/src dir.
then I turned to mylammps/src dir and typed
cd ..
make yes-MOLECULE
make yes-CLASS2
make yes-USER-MISC
make yes-KSPACE
make yes-USER-3SPN2
and then I turned to make folder and copied makefile.serial to mine subdir. and
modified it to include the FFTW3 LIB. linker and renamed it to makefile.aserial and returned to src dir and typed
make aserial

but I got an error which is

../dihedral_3spn2.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void LAMMPS_NS::Dihedral3spn2::coeff(int, char**)’:
../dihedral_3spn2.cpp:299:52: error: no matching function for call to ‘LAMMPS_NS::Force::bounds(char*&, int&, int&, int&)’

and the compilation was terminated.

it is clear that the error because this package was not updated in order to fit the newest versions of LAMMPS program, but I sent to you hoping that I will find someone who dealt with this external package and has the solution.

Thank you.

Alaa Murrar