Re: [lammps-users] lammps-users - Query on indentation using lammps

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 14:40:59 -0400

in general, please understand, that this mailing list is not a debugging service. everybody has to debug their own inputs.
at best, people can provide you with some general advice:

- can you run your system without adding the coating and the indenter? or only substrate and coating?

- does LAMMPS print any warnings? (and what version of LAMMPS are you using, anyway?)

- have you visualized your system? where does the massively accelerated escaping atom originate?

two things stand out when looking at your input:

 - your hybrid potential input doesn't make sense. the Al and Ni only EAM pair_coeff entries are meaningless and will be overwritten by the following mixed potential file. that one is the only correct way to handle this anyway, since EAM is a manybody potential and not pairwise additive, which your input seems to assume

- it looks as if you have atoms thermostatted multiple times. that is guaranteed to produce bogus trajectories.

axel.