Re: [lammps-users] Problem in tensile test

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 05:22:49 -0600

I suggest you ask the owners/authors of the script.
In general, asking a Q like "this script doesn't do
what I expect, can you tell me why?" isn't easy to answer.

You gave no indication LAMMPS is doing something wrong,
or that the script isn't correct.  Maybe the behavior you
see is normal.  Maybe there is no fracture b/c the potential
is soft, or the system is small and there is no initial defect,
the strain rate is too large, etc, etc.  No one else is likely
to dig into a random script and figure that our for you.

You could start with the examples/in.crack script which
does show fracture if you run it long enough, and see
what is different compared to your script.

Steve