[lammps-users] Problem regarding uniaxial tension test

From: Selesta Oxem <oxemselesta@...24...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 16:49:58 -0400

Hi all,
I was just trying to do some uniaxial tension test by using fix_deform and as a specimen sample I took single crystal Al. I use the available lamps script at https://icme.hpc.msstate.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Uniaxial_Tension

But, surprisingly I do not see any fracture even after the strain value of over 200%. The sample is stretched unusually at that high strain. I have seen a recent post about this type of behaviour but do not see any comments over it.

Could anybody please make some suggestion what I'm missing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best,