Re: [lammps-users] problem with "fix thermal/conductivity"

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 07:39:11 -0400

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:58 AM, Neda Rafiee via lammps-users <> wrote:
Dear all,
I have a problem with the style of "fix  thermal/conductivity". When I use this command, this error appears:  "unknown fix style thermal/conductivity"
I checked the mailing list archive and I found that the problem may be due to the MISC package.
So, I used "make package-status" and I saw that both MISC and USER-MISC packages are installed. what would be my problem then?

​having the package installed is only one prerequisite. ​you also have to have updated your compilation and have to actually use that updated binary.
you can verify that, by looking at the output of ./lmp_mpi -h in your compilation folder and compare that to the output that you get when you a -h flag to your simulation run command. also, these days, you have to watch out for non-ascii characters, e.g. when you cut-n-paste text verbatim from the manual, as many pdf viewers and webbrowsers have a tendency to replace certain ascii characters with similar looking non-ascii versions for a more visually appealing text rendering.

engaging tech sites,!
lammps-users mailing list

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey@...12...24...