Re: [lammps-users] Atom type for same atoms

From: Joshua Moore <jdmoore@...1442...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 23:05:00 -0400

It likely would make it easiest to assign force-field coefficients.  If you had a situation where you had 2 different molecules but shared atom types between molecules, then it most likely would make sense to share atom types.  But in your case with H2O and H2, you most likely want to have two different H atom types, if your force-field assigns the H's different pair coefficients, for example.