[lammps-users] Accounting for Local Velocity in Langevin Thermostat

From: Joshua Cordon <cordonbleu313@...24...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 17:31:03 -0600

Hello,

I am using the USER-SPH package to simulate coating a slurry of 3 types of particles (varying masses and densities) onto a moving surface. I need to use a thermostat to keep the system at a realistic temperature, and I am attempting to use the fix Langevin command to do so. I am having trouble with the fact though that the command doesn't appear to account for local velocities, so it tends to freeze any movement in my system even when it is set at 3000 K. Am I understanding my problem right? Is there another thermostat that I can use that will account for local velocity?

Thanks,

Joshua Cordon