Re: [lammps-users] Checking/visualizing the data file before running it with LAMMPS

From: Andrew Summers <andrew.z.summers@...5...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:24:14 -0500

Jatin,

You should be able to visualize your structure with VMD.  Check out the topotools plugin for reading in LAMMPS data files.

Andrew

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Jatin Kashyap <jk435@...6426...> wrote:
Dear LAMMPS users,

I’m a beginner level user of the LAMMPS software. And I’ve builded a data file of SiO2_Li (topology file) structure with the help of a Matlab code, arranging all the data in the LAMMPS acceptable data file format. And now I’m trying to run it, just to check the structure by generating a CFG file at step 0(so I can open it in OVITO), but due to some unknown reasons it’s generating no file at all, leaving me without any clue of the error. As of now, I just wanted to check the structure that I generated with my Matlab code. With the given circumstances, I’m not able to find whether the problem is with my data file or somewhere else i.e. input file etc. So my question is, is there any way to open the data file except with LAMMPS so that I can see the actual structure that I had created.

Thanks a lot for your time, and efforts.

—————————
Regards,
Jatin Kashyap

--