[lammps-users] Regarding Periodicity in Z-direction for HCP crystal

From: Sharma MD <sa.md.dtm@...24...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 23:27:46 +0530

Hello all,
I am simulating Be system of particles whose lattice is described below(HCP). Z-dimension is kept in periodic. As a rule if any dimension is in periodicity, it should be defined in such a way that it should be in integral multiple of the lattice constant in that dimension. I used a multiple of 'variable c' (18.134 nm) but atoms are getting unstable. I want to know which variable multiple should be used for z-dimension to be periodic.

variable a equal 2.2568
variable b equal $a*sqrt(3.0)
variable c equal $a*1.5682

lattice custom 1.0 a1 $a 0.0 0.0 &