Re: [lammps-users] Net force acting on region defined as wall using fix gran/wall/region

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:00:45 -0400

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Sonu Kumar <sonubwbs@...8...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if it was possible to print net force or stress distribution acting on a region defined as a wall using fix wall/gran/region. I searched in the user manual but couldn't find it. Earlier, I used to calculate forces on a wall by making the wall using smaller spheres and summing the force on all the spheres. However, here I was thinking of using the move feature in the region command for some shape. Hence, I wanted to know if there is a possibility.

​what can be done ​is listed in the fix wall/gran/region documentation. what is not listed, cannot be done unless you program it.

axel.

Thanks!

Sonu Kumar

Final Year B'Tech