Re: [lammps-users] ill formed system with huge pressure

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:53:16 -0400

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Meral Sharkas via lammps-users <lammps-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Dear Lammps users,

May I ask please what are the reasons of having a very high starting pressure of the system and continues to increase during equilibration in addition to the volume.

I used a CIF file and also developed the structure by myself and got the same results and as for the potential, I used the same as that in the literature.

I was equilibrating with NPT but after searching in the mailing list, I checked what happens at NVT and pressure was found to be extremely high at the start.

I found Steve describing such systems as "ill formed system with huge pressure", can you please clarify what does that mean and give me a hint to solve this issue.

​it most likely means, that you didn't convert your CIF data correctly or didn't apply the forcefield correctly and thus have an initial configuration with high potential energy. or expressed differently: your system doesn't "want" to be where you put it. or simply GI-GO.

axel.​

I appreciate if you can help.

Regards