[lammps-users] Net force acting on region defined as wall using fix gran/wall/region

From: Sonu Kumar <sonubwbs@...8...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 22:35:33 +0000

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if it was possible to print net force or stress distribution acting on a region defined as a wall using fix wall/gran/region. I searched in the user manual but couldn't find it. Earlier, I used to calculate forces on a wall by making the wall using smaller spheres and summing the force on all the spheres. However, here I was thinking of using the move feature in the region command for some shape. Hence, I wanted to know if there is a possibility.

Thanks!

Sonu Kumar

Final Year B'Tech

IIT Guwahati