[lammps-users] creating al2o3 nanoparticle

From: Zeeshan Ahmed <zeeshan.ahmed@...5589...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:50:26 +0530

Dear All,

I have built AL2O3 spherical nanoparticle within lammps as well as with packmol software using pdb file of al2o3. Later on I want to merge the nanoparticle with the water box system so that I have a nanoparticle inside the water as a nanofluid. I did it with packmol software as suggested on lammps forum. My query is that the packmol put atoms randomly or it made the nanoparticle using lattice constants as in the pdb file it has lattice parameters? Thanks!

Regards,
Zeeshan Ahmed
PhD Student (Mechanical Engineering)