[lammps-users] Errors when define a region after reading a data file

From: Cong Dai <congdai1220@...24...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:45:14 -0400

Dear LAMMPS users,

  I tried many ways to solve this problem but failed, so I hope you can give me any hints.
The part of the script is:

read_data   /datafile.data
region		box block INF INF INF INF -65.0 65.0 units box
group		mobile region box
region		low block INF INF INF INF INF -65.0 units box
group		lowsurface region low
region		upper block INF INF INF INF 65.0 INF units box
group		uppersurface region upper
group               boundary union lowsurface uppersurface

and log file shows the error:
region		box block INF INF INF INF -65.0 65.0 units box
group		mobile region box
ERROR: Illegal region command (../region.cpp:397)
Last command: region		box block INF INF INF INF -65.0 65.0 units box
group		mobile region box

I tried to only define the region without defining the group and it works, then why it said that the error is in region command?

Cong