Re: [lammps-users] Reflecting surfaces momentum conservation

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:21:23 -0600

While a thermostat may conserve momentum, an external
force (e.g. due to a wall) does not.  Think of one particle
bouncing off the wall.  It's momentum is not conserved.

If you constraining the system in one dimension
(between 2 walls?), why do you care if the momentum
of the particles is strictly conserved in that direction?
They can't drift away.

Steve