[lammps-users] concatenating two systems

From: Neda Rafiee <ne.rafiee@...444...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 15:23:21 +0430

Dear users,
I need to read data from two data files and create a box consisting of atoms. I don't know hot to change atom coordinates so that they do not interfere with each other.I want to have one system above the other in one box. I thought one way could be increasing one box dimension (in z direction) in the first data file and then reading the next data file and simultaneously using the "shift" option to shift the positions of atoms. Is there any other way to do it?  what about the "boundary m" option? Is it helpful to determine flexible box dimension?
Thanks,
NEDA