Re: [lammps-users] Fwd: Vashishta Potential vs Al.eam.alloy potential

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:40:58 -0600

The GK method is simply a diagnostic calculation which does
affect the dyanmics.  So I think you are really saying
you cannot run NVE for a long period of time with the
Vashishita potential on the system you've defined.

I suggest you verify that you can reproduce values for
A22O3 in the literature using the potential and a
simple geometry, e.g. a perfect crystal.
There is probably something wrong with
the system you are defining.

Steve