Re: [lammps-users] Nanoindentation of Graphene

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:52:46 -0400

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:03 AM, Jit Sarkar <jitsarkar1993@...24...> wrote:
> Dear Axel Sir,
>
> I am using the LAMMPS 2016 version. I did not got any error message
> regarding the potential. I have also used the same potential for some other
> simulations with graphene like tensile, bending, thermal etc. They also
> worked good without any error message.

the error is not about the potential itself but your input. the fact
remains, that the input you posted, is incorrect (the pair_coeff line
is not the only error) and thus *cannot* have been used as you have
claimed. i have looked through the source code archive and the syntax
for the affected commands has remained the same for a long time.

if you want to be taken seriously and get help from the people on this
mailing list, you better make certain, that the information you
provide is accurate and take concerns like those i was raising very
seriously.

axel.