[lammps-users] adding energy to a single atom

From: Fernanda S Teixeira <nandast@...6816...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 17:31:09 -0300

Dear LAMMPS users and developers,

   I would like to add no translational energy to a single atom (heat). This single atom is an addatom inserted by "fix deposit" that I want to release thermal energy after being stopped by the substrate.
  I have tried to use "fix heat" but I got a message: "Fix heat group has no atoms" even after deposition.

  Additionaly, I want to add energy only to atoms just deposited, not to the atoms deposited many steps before.

Thanks,

Fernanda S Teixeira