Re: [lammps-users] want to fix lattice vector

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 07:14:07 -0400

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Mathur Nil <nilmathur786@...24...> wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i want to fix lattice vector in x and y direction and want to change my
> dimension in z direction only.
>
> can anyone suggest me method for doing that?

there is an old joke that applies to this:

doctor, doctor! it hurts, when i do _this_!
well, don't do it, then!

translated to LAMMPS, this means:
you have to have a command in your input that modifies your box
dimensions. look up its documentation and configure it, so it won't
change the z-direction, only x- and y-direction.

axel.