Re: [lammps-users] About thermostat layer in the indentation

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 06:41:09 -0400

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 4:08 AM, shjeong <shjeong@...6973...> wrote:

Hello all,

On reading a paper about nanoindentation, I have a question.

​in which way is this a question about LAMMPS? shouldn't you ask the authors of the paper instead?

Following figure, it was divided as 3 layers including Fixed, thermostat and active (as newtonian) layers.

I don't know why they set 3 layers. Could you explain the meaning of each layer?

Especially, I really wonder the meaning of the thermostat layer.

Best regards,

engaging tech sites,!
lammps-users mailing list

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey@...12...24...