[lammps-users] About thermostat layer in the indentation

From: "shjeong" <shjeong@...6973...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 17:08:43 +0900

Hello all,

On reading a paper about nanoindentation, I have a question.

Following figure, it was divided as 3 layers including Fixed, thermostat and active (as newtonian) layers.

I don't know why they set 3 layers. Could you explain the meaning of each layer?

Especially, I really wonder the meaning of the thermostat layer.

Best regards,

Seohee