[lammps-users] How can I realize Langevin Dynamics without inertia (Brownian Dynamics) by fix langevin or other command?

From: Wusheng Zhang <minky.k.jiang@...24...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 20:24:45 -0400

Dear LAMMPS users,

I am trying to realize overdamped Langevin Dynamics in my system. The Wikipedia told me that in the case of overdamped Langevin Dynamics, the mass would be ignored, and then the particle will not accelerate. In LAMMPS, I tried fix langevin, but based on the documentation, there is still the variable m ( the mass of the particle) in the Ff and Fr term. So I am not sure by fix langevin command, whether the particle can accelerate or not. If the particle still can accelerate, is there any other command can realize Brownian Dynamics and the particle will not accelerate? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
zjgbz