[lammps-users] Assigning MPI jobs to different coprocessor

From: Xiaoyu Wang <xwang181@...5818...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 16:45:05 -0500

Dear all,

We have a KNL workstation which has 68 cores. I have submitted one job using 64 cores by using common ” mpiexec -np 64 lmp_exec <./input”.
But when I submitted the second jobs, it seems that the system assigned 2nd job to the same threads the 1st one are using.
I have little knowledge about the paralleling, so can any one help me with how to assign the 2nd job into different threads?
Btw, I have compiled lammps with intel option and is using intel parallel studio.

Thanks in advance!

Andy