Re: [lammps-users] About forming bond to get a cross link

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 17:18:04 -0400

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Arun Bikram Thapa
<aaron.thapa143@...24...> wrote:
> Dear Lammps users,
>
> I am trying to get a cross link between two nanotubes, to get this I have
> generated a random carbon atom between the tube. Now i need to form bond
> between this random atom and adjacent atom of the tube.
> I used fix 3 all bond/create 10 1 10 1.5 1  command to create a bond between
> these atom but I am getting a message of Unknown fix style.
>
> Did I make some mistake or can I use another approach to form cross links.

when you get an "unknown XXX style" error, please check the
documentation for that specific fix style very carefully. LAMMPS can
very customizable and you may not have all relevant packages
installed. if this doesn't reveal a problem, double check your input.
there may be a typo.

axel.