[lammps-users] Ncount bin sensitivity

From: "Roberts, Andrew" <A.P.Roberts@...5884...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 23:41:59 +0000

Hello,

I am new to LAMMPS, but I have generated a Couette flow and the profile is almost linear (attached), however the profile is slightly non-linear near x=0.1 and 0.9. I noticed that the number of counts (Ncount) is approximately half at x=0.1 and 0.9. Is there any reason why there should be a discrepancy at the ends of the profile? These are the lines I am using to generate the profile:

run  100000

compute cc1 flow chunk/atom bin/1d y center 0.05 units reduced
fix 8 flow ave/chunk 2 50000 1100000 cc1 vx vz norm sample file vel.profile

run  1000000

Is there any way to make the number of counts the same in all bins? Or is there another reason for the difference - e.g. bin sensitivity? (I think I have enough timesteps)

Kind regards,

Andrew