Re: [lammps-users] fix_modify for fix indent

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 09:25:44 -0600

> We find these simulated results differ greatly if this codes is added or not.

You'll have to explain this.  If by, "remove the indenter" you mean you
deleted the fix (so the indenter physically vanishes), then there is no
possible way in the code that there is still an energy contribution
from the indenter.

If by "remove" you mean, move the indenter slowly away from the sample,
then you would want to keep the fix in place.  it is up to you whether
you re-specify fix_modify energy yes/no to continue to include the energy
contribution of the indenter/atoms interactions.  I presume you would want
to still include it.

Steve