Re: [lammps-users] Problem installing lammps-1Feb14 in Ubuntu 16.04

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:57:59 -0400

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Carlos Azael Alvarez Zambrano
<calvarez@...6950...> wrote:
> Dear LAMMPS users,
>
> I am a new user in lammps and I am trying to install a previous version,
> lammps-1Feb14, on my computer. It uses Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 64-bit. I have
> tried to create a make file, in accordance with lammps documentation
> (http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/Manual.html), but I din not to get to work it.
> Can someone help me with this issue? Any suggestions would be welcome.

the online version of the manual always reflects the latest
development version of LAMMPS.
if you are installing an old version (which i strongly advise against,
and where you are not likely to get much help from this list) you need
to consult the manual that *matches* your version. things keep
changing and improving in LAMMPS all the time.

axel.