[lammps-users] How can I update LAMMPS via homebrew and git?

From: Wusheng Zhang <minky.k.jiang@...24...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:08:54 -0400

Dear LAMMPS users,

I installed LAMMPS via homebrew on MacOS system on Aug 2016, and now I intend to update it for using functions like pair_style python. I know this seems like not a good question here, but I tried to search update lammps homebrew on google but got nothing useful. So do you have any suggestions on updating latest stable version of LAMMPS?

Besides, I install LAMMPS via homebrew because I want to have a stable and updated LAMMPS. I also "git clone" LAMMPS from github - named it as "LAMMPS for test", because I intend to modify some source files like MAX_BODY. I know I can save my modified source files separately, and push them back after git clone the newest LAMMPS. But is there any easy way to update my "LAMMPS for test"?

Thank you very much for paying attention to such a basic question.

Best regards,