Re: [lammps-users] adding my personal package within LAMMPS

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:27:22 -0400

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Quang Ha <quang.t.ha.20@...24...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder what is the more recommended route to add/modify LAMMPS code to
> better match my application. Either:
>
> 1) Add more files into USER-MISC and use `make yes-user-misc` as command?
> The downside of this is I shall end up with bunches of extras I doubt I
> would ever need.
>
> 2) Create my own directory inside src, i.e. src/USER-FOO and then add all my
> files *.h and *.cpp in there. Once I have mastered the code (haha who am I
> kidding...) then I can install it with make yes-user-foo? Do I need to edit
> the Makefile or isntall.sh at all for this?

if this is just your own code for your own purposes, you can just copy
it to the src directory and leave it there.
packages in LAMMPS are nothing else but mechanisms to add or remove
files from the src folder.

now, if you want to contribute your code to the LAMMPS that would be a
different question...

axel.