[lammps-users] adding my personal package within LAMMPS

From: Quang Ha <quang.t.ha.20@...24...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 09:55:36 -0400

Hi all,

I wonder what is the more recommended route to add/modify LAMMPS code to better match my application. Either:

1) Add more files into USER-MISC and use `make yes-user-misc` as command? The downside of this is I shall end up with bunches of extras I doubt I would ever need.

2) Create my own directory inside src, i.e. src/USER-FOO and then add all my files *.h and *.cpp in there. Once I have mastered the code (haha who am I kidding...) then I can install it with make yes-user-foo? Do I need to edit the Makefile or isntall.sh at all for this?

Many thanks,
Quang