[lammps-users] melting gold

From: Maryam Alqassimi <maryam.alq95@...24...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:43:00 +0400

I am trying to display the phase transition for gold using the following input script: ( but what I get is a much higher melting temperature around 2000 K than the actual one around 1300 k. This input script is taken from an example posted :

I am not sure what mistake I am making, is it something in setting up the system??

the output plotted and attached : melt.out.png

Thank you