Re: [lammps-users] Semi-Flexible polymers in 2D

From: Stefan Paquay <stefanpaquay@...24...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:39:38 -0400

Thanks for thinking with me Steve.

One of my colleagues remarked that potentially it could be due to the short bond length. This makes it possible for particles to overlap due to thermal fluctuations, especially if there's no steric repulsion between neighbours. Of course, if the particles are too close, their angle is not well-defined and they blow up. I'll run some analysis on this to see what the bond lengths are just before blowing up. Increasing the bond length seems to mitigate the issue so I'm thinking this might explain it just fine.