[lammps-users] Imbalanced cpu nodes

From: "T. Majdi" <majdit@...1849...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:46:17 -0400

Dear LAMMPS developers and users,

My solid-state non-equilibrium thermal conductivity simulations have been very consistent in memory usage: they use 2.3 G and are very well balanced across different nodes. Recently, I have had my jobs fail due to “std::bad_alloc”. After tracking the memory usage, I found that two nodes use more memory and the amount increases sharply in time. Would anyone know why this may be?I had something similar happen before and found out that it was because of invoking compute centro/atom too regularly. I am not sure what has caused a similar problem to occur again.

The images below are screen shots of the virtual memory on different nodes after 1.3 hrs, 1.4 hrs, and 1.8 hrs. I've also attached the output file.

I appreciate any input I may receive.

Thank you!

Inline image 1

Inline image 1