Re: [lammps-users] Free energy of water

From: Lamm Gro <lammgro@...24...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 22:10:25 +0900

Dear Axel ,

Thanks for your help .
I will be waiting for other's reply .

Regards,
Saeed.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 9:58 PM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Lamm Gro <lammgro@...24...> wrote:
Dear LAMMPS users ,

I want to calculate water free energy by fix adapt/fep command .

The pair-style lj/cut/soft  ( http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/pair_lj_soft.html ) says :

​​
The
coul/cut/softcoul/long/soft and tip4p/long/soft substyles are designed to be combined with other pair potentials via the pair_style hybrid/overlay command. This is because they have no repulsive core. Hence, if used by themselves, there will be no repulsion to keep two oppositely charged particles from overlapping each other. In this case, if lambda = 1, a singularity may occur.

According to the above mentioned description can you please let me know how I can do this calculation ?

​there answer is right there: ​

The
coul/cut/softcoul/long/soft and tip4p/long/soft substyles are designed to be combined with other pair potentials via the pair_style hybrid/overlay command

Actually I am not completely familiar with this Fix command I have started reading some papers , I would be grateful if you also can give me some hints about that .

​as this is part of a "user" package, you should contact the authors, that contributed the package, if they don't respond here on the list within a reasonable time (say a couple of days).

before doing that, i strongly recommend to study the provided examples.

axel.​

Regards,
Saeed.