Re: [lammps-users] Problem with Lammps dump movie command

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 22:54:07 -0400

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 9:40 PM, jami hessam <jami.hessam@...24...> wrote:

Dear Lammps developers,

I have used same command to making movie for last 2 years and it was working to provide mp4 movies files, without problem till now;however, it suddenly stooped working last month and reinstalling the new version of lammps, did not solve the problem.Here is the dump commands I always using:

"dump            1 all xyz 1000 Ti15.*.xyz

dump 3 all image 100 image.*.jpg type type &

axes yes 0.8 0.02 view 80 -30

dump 2 all movie 10 Ti.mp4 type type &

zoom 1.4 adiam 2.5"

It also stopped to making movie file even when I run previous scripts, while I have the mp4 file I made before for same script!
I would appreciate if you can help me with this error.

​well, *is* there an error message?​ and if yes, what is it?

practically nothing has changed in how dump movie is implemented in the last 2 years. so there is no reason why is would silently stop working.
have you enabled the dump movie command by setting the required -DLAMMPS_FFMPEG define in the makefile when you compiled the new LAMMPS version?

axel.

Sincerely Yours,
Jami