Re: [lammps-users] Inelastic collisions in atom_style hybrid sphere dipole

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:01:04 -0600

It sounds like you are saying you want to replace two touching
small spheres (just collided) with one large sphere.  To do that
you'd have to write new code in LAMMPS that replaced 2 particles with
one large particle.  If the large particle is a sphere, it takes up more
volume than the original two small particles.  So there wouldn't be
room for it in a dense granular packing.

So to me, your model does not make much sense.  Regardless, to
implement it, you would have to do some careful new coding within
LAMMPS.

Steve