[lammps-users] Inelastic collisions in atom_style hybrid sphere dipole

From: Ashwin Padmanabhan <ashwinpadmanabhan95@...24...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:02:59 +0530

Respected Lammps-Users,

I have a system of granular atoms to which i have set a dipole moment and mass. The atoms are attracted towards one another (Due to the dipole moments) and would collide.

My query is as follows:

- How would I assign an 'event' which is defined as the collision of two atoms such that i could note the time and coordinates of atoms during the collision.

- I would want the two atoms that collided to be treated as a single granular sphere   following the collision with the mass and dipole moments of the new sphere equal to the summation of the masses and dipole moments of smaller colliding spheres.

Help is deeply appreciated. And I would be grateful.

Sincerely,

Ashwin Padmanabhan
IIT Bombay, India