Re: [lammps-users] Can lammps simulate five types of atoms ?

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:56:05 -0600

Your create_box command is

create_box    4 total

which is why 5 atom types would give an error.

Steve

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 3:20 AM, 王淑婷 <wangshuting@...6572...> wrote:
Dear lammps-users,

My input script indicates the error: Invalid basis setting in create_atoms command. Here are my input script and log file blew. If the number '5' is changed into '1', the error wouldn't appear. So I am confused that whether the lammps can only simulate less than five types of atoms. Can anyone know something about it? Thank you for the help in advance.

​yes, LAMMPS can simulate many more atom types. theoretically about 2 billion.
​axel.​

Yours sincerely.
Shuting Wang