Re: [lammps-users] Different results in a constant script

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 09:09:53 -0400

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Nader Ameli <nader.mechanic@...24...> wrote:

Hello there,

I have found an astonishing issue. The results of running for a constant script with the following 2 running commands are different:

I.                    lmp_serial –in in.mine

II.                 lmp_win_no-mpi -in in. mine

In the first command “0 atom is created” and in the other my workpiece is created thoroughly.

Is this usual? What is its reason?

​this cannot happen, if you are using the same LAMMPS version, and they were compiled correctly.

at any rate, LAMMPS developers are primarily interested in whether LAMMPS works as documented, and particularly for the very latest patch version.
thus you would need to provide proof​, if and how LAMMPS is not behaving as documented. this is best done by creating a minimal input that *only* reproduces the perceived inconsistency.

axel.

If you need the script, please just let me know.

Kindly,

Nader