Re: [lammps-users] Imposing target volume/pressure

From: "S Arun Srikant Sridhar" <ss3763@...1685...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 11:17:38 -0400

Hi Jonathan

The following command may be helpful.

http://lammps.sandia.gov/doc/fix_box_relax.html

Arun

On 06/16/17, Jonathan Severin <jseverin@...5349...> wrote:
Hi all,

At the end of an NPT relaxation, before switching to NVE (and fixing the volume), I'd like to make sure that I fix the volume corresponding to the pressure I was aiming for during the NPT. In other words I'd like to avoid starting my NVE production with a volume that corresponds to the maximum or minimum of the pressure curve, which fluctuates a lot in MD (for small systems at least).

The same concern may arrise when thermostatting and I think some people impose the temperature at the end of the thermalization with:

velocity all scale ${target_temperature}

Similarly, is there a command that I could call at the end of an NPT run and that would change the volume to the one corresponding to the target pressure?

Thanks,

Jonathan Severin