[lammps-users] Knight-landing best practices?

From: "Smith, Micholas D." <smithmd@...79...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 14:20:56 +0000

Dear lammps users,

I am trying to test some scaling of my reax system (water+zinc) on a number of KNL (intel knights landing) machines and was wondering if any one else has had any experience on this architecture. I can't seem to scale over 2 nodes. My input currently looks like this:

srun -n $(($nodes*68)) -N $nodes --cpu_bind=cores lmp_knl -in in.ZnOH2 -log log.lammps -pk intel 0 -sf intel

which is similar to the recipes provided by intel at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/recipe-lammps-for-intel-xeon-phi-processors

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Micholas