Re: [lammps-users] What are the relevant variables in pppm.cpp to output the electric field ?

From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey@...24...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:15:16 -0400

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Romain Vermorel <romain.vermorel@...5931...> wrote:
Dear LAMMPS users,

I am adding some code to LAMMPS in order to output the electric field computed on the pppm grid, essentially for visualization purpose.

Do the variables labeled ‘’vd#_brick’’  (where # stands for x, y or z) store the electric potential gradient projections in real 3d space ? Or do I need to perform some additional tasks to compute the electric field values out of these variables ?

​is there a specific need to do this from within LAMMPS?

you could just write out a dump file with charges, read it into VMD and create a corresponding .dx format 3d grid file with the PMEpot​ plugin/gui.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/pmepot/

​axel.​

Cheers,
Romain