Re: [lammps-users] Computing interaction energy of each atom in group1 with another group2

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:25:02 -0600

yes, compute group/group produces a single global value.

You could use compute pair/local with a group that is the union of group1 + group2
Then a dump local file will contain 1/1, 2/2, and 1/2 interactions.
You can extract subsets of 1/2 interactinos for each atom in group1.
E.g. using a post-processing script.

Steve