Re: [lammps-users] SRD energy calculations

From: Steve Plimpton <sjplimp@...24...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 08:36:19 -0600

means total PE of system * Natoms (in system) / Natomsbig (# of big atoms)
pe and atoms are thermo keywords (see the thermo_style command)

When this script does thermo output quantities are divided by Natoms
(default for LJ units), settable by themo_modify norm.

So you will effectively get the PE/big-atom, in an average sense.

If you want to sum the pe/atom for just big atoms, see the compute
reduce command.  Or compute ke/atom or variable group function ke(group)

You can just use compute msd for a group of atoms (e.g. big).  See its doc
page for an explanation.