[lammps-users] Polydispsersity and random packing

From: "Roberts, Andrew" <A.P.Roberts@...5884...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:24:22 +0000

Hello,

I am new to LAMMPS, but I wondered if someone could tell me how to specify this for a 2D Couette flow:

  • 10% polydispersity on sphere diameter so that all the diameters (flow and walls) are randomly distributed between 0.9 and 1.1?

  • Random packing of spheres in the flow region, but keep the walls packed in a straight line?

The script I am working on is attached.

Kind regards,

Andrew